The aim of the Civic Society is to encourage a sustainable future for the Town and to safeguard its historic past.
- The Society is consulted on critical planning applications, both for modern developments and in the Conservation Areas.
- Issues such as Town Planning, public transport, new roads and housing developments as well as preserving our architectural heritage are all covered as part of our activities.
- The Society makes representations to public Inquiries, response to planning applications when necessary and represents Members’ views on local issues to the County, District and Town Councils.
- The Society is represented on the Banbury Traffic Advisory Committee, the Banbury Town Centre Partnership, Banbury Built Heritage Working Party and other locally organised forums.
- The Society produces a Newsletter which is distributed to Members, key Councillors, local decision makers and other relevant groups.
- The Society is a Member of the Civic Voice, the national body of a civic movement in England
If you share in our determination to enhance and preserve the character of Banbury and insure a prosperous future for the Town and its People, please join the Banbury Civic Society today.
For more information please contact Adrienne Rees Brown at email@example.com (Hon Treasurer and Administrator).